86 RACE WINS (78 ALMS, 7 LeMans, 1 GRAND-AM)
AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES
CORVETTE RACING ADVANCE
Tequila Patrón American Le Mans Series at Long Beach
LONG BEACH TEMPORARY STREET COURSE
LONG BEACH, CALIFORNIA
DID YOU KNOW? Both the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe and convertible are powered by the new LT1 6.2L V-8, with an estimated 450-hp and 450 lb-ft of torque. As no
structural reinforcements are required for the convertible, both models share almost identical power-to-weight ratios. The LT1 combines several advanced technologies, including
direct injection, Active Fuel Management and continuously variable valve timing to support an advanced combustion system designed to balance power and efficiency.
CORVETTE RACING & TEAM CHEVY SOCIAL MEDIA: Connect with Corvette Racing and Team Chevy on social media. Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/TeamChevy, follow us
on Twitter @CorvetteRacing and @TeamChevy, and add +TeamChevy into your Google+ circles.
CORVETTE RACING FOR THE FANS AT LONG BEACH:
- Fans can visit the Corvette Racing and Chevy IndyCar Display in the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center.
- Fans can check out great Chevrolet vehicles including: 2014 Corvette Stingray, 2014 Silverado, 2014 Impala, Camaro ZL1, Volt, Malibu, Traverse, Sonic, and Spark.
- At the display fans can see a variety of show cars and specialty vehicles including: The IndyCar Series Series No. 1 Dallara-Chevrolet show car, the Turbo movie Camaro show
car, Corvette C6.R and 60th Anniverisary Corvette 427.
- Fans can see a sample of engines, parts and accessories available for purchase from Chevrolet at their local Chevrolet dealer.
- Other activities at the Corvette Racing and IndyCar Display include a variety of interactive games for adults and kids.
- Display hours of operation: Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; and Sunday 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
CORVETTE RACING IN AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES (ALMS) COMPETITION:
- Corvette Racing has 78 ALMS class victories, making it the most successful team in American Le Mans Series history.
- Longest winning streak in GT1 (25, 2007 Sebring-2009 Long Beach)
- Corvette Racing has nine Manufacturer and Team Championships, and eight Drivers Championships.
- Corvette Racing was the Michelin Green X Challenge GT Manufacturer Champion (Chevrolet) and Team Champions (No. 3 Corvette C6.R, Jan Magnussen/ Antonio Garcia) in 2012.
CHEVROLET ON THE TRACK - GRAND PRIX OF LONG BEACH:
- Corvette Racing has participated in every ALMS race in Long Beach, winning three straight in the GT1 class (2007-09) and one in the GT class (2012).
- The team also scored consecutive runner-up finishes in 2010-11 after moving to the GT category.
- Corvette Racing has qualified first in class three times in Long Beach (Qualifying was cancelled in 2012 due to rain).
- Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner's 2012 victory in Long Beach was the first for this driver combination, and Milner's first career ALMS win.
CORVETTE RACING IN THE PADDOCK AT LONG BEACH GRAND PRIX - DOUG FEHAN
"There's a formula that I like to extoll, and it's for any race. It's 25 percent great car, 25 percent great team and 50 percent good luck. And that gets modified just a
little bit when you go to street races, and the good-luck portion plays a much greater role. Because you have a great car and a great team, but in a street race anything can
happen to you - from turn one, lap one to turn 10, final lap of the race. You've got to have good fortune on your side. Anybody who wins at Long Beach, has good fortune on that
day. That's just the way street races work."
CORVETTE RACING FROM THE DRIVER'S SEAT, LOOKING BACK ON 2012 RACE IN LONG BEACH - OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 4 COMPUWARE CORVETTE:
"Long Beach was the start of the run to the Championship for Tommy and me. As you so often have to be on street races, we were a little lucky in that the two cars in front
of us on the grid had issues on the fourth corner of the race and their race was compromised from there on. We still had to battle our way from then on to the front but our car
was good straight off and that was a big plus point."
Chevrolet American Le Mans Series Statistics
Manufacturers and Team Championships
Total (2001-2008, 2012): 9
24 Hours of Le Mans Class Wins
Total (2001-02, 2004-06, 2009, 2011): 7
Total (2002-2008, 2012): 8
2013 Event Victories
2012 Event Victories
(Long Beach, Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio, Virgina International Raceway): 4
Release Date: April 19, 2013