- Car: No. 74 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
- Co-drivers: Oliver Gavin, Tommy Milner (Le Mans)
- Birthdate: July 10, 1975
- Birthplace: Chelmsford, Essex
- Residence: London, England
- Family: Wife Jessica, daughter Amelia
- Notable: 2009 FIA GT2 champion, 2006-07 Porsche Supercup Champion, 2004-05
Porsche Supercup GBR champion.
- Web site: richardwestbrook.co.uk
- Twitter: @RWestbrook1
Getting to Know You
Englishman Richard Westbrook will race for Corvette Racing at Le Mans for the fourth consecutive year.
As he has since 2012, Westbrook will join Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner. Trio won
Sebring 12 Hours in 2012. Westbrook has established himself as a standout in top-tier
international sports car competition. He won the FIA GT2 championship in 2009 and is a
former factory driver for Porsche. In the U.S., he will race on a full-time basis for Spirit of
Daytona in a Corvette Daytona Prototype as part of the TUDOR United SportsCar
- 1986-91: Karting
- 1993: Second in Formula Vauxhall Winter Series with one victory
- 1994: Fourth in Formula Opel Lotus Euroseries with one win; nominated for Autosport
Young Driver of the Year award
- 1995: Fourth in Formula Opel Lotus Euroseries with three victories
- 1996: Two wins in Austrian Formula 3, one win in German Formula 3
- 2003: Second in Porsche Carrera Cup GBR with nine wins
- 2004: Porsche Carrera Cup GBR champion with seven victories
- 2005: Porsche Carrera Cup GBR champion with 13 wins
- 2006: Porsche Supercup champion with four wins and four poles, three victories in
Porsche Carrera Cup GBR, one win in Porsche Carrera Cup GER, nominated for
Autosport International Driver of the Year award
- 2007: Porsche Supercup champion with two wins and one pole, second in Porsche
Cup GER with five wins and one pole, won British Racing Drivers Club award for
- 2008: Won GT2 at Road America ALMS, third in FIA GT2 championship with two wins,
one win in Le Mans Series, second in GT in Daytona 24-hour race
- 2009: FIA GT2 champion with four victories, two wins in Porsche Supercup
- 2010: Competed in 24 Hours of Le Mans (third in GT2), Le Mans Series, British GT,
FIA GT1 championship, and 24-hour races at Spa and Nurburgring; third in Daytona
Prototype at Rolex 24 at Daytona
- 2011: Drove in FIA GT1 championship with JR Motorsports team, finishing ninth in
championship. Finished fourth with Corvette Racing in season-opening Sebring and
season-ending Road Atlanta rounds.
- 2012: Third at Sebring with Corvette Racing. Three wins for Spirit of Daytona Racing in
GRAND-AM Rolex Series and 10th-place championship finish; three poles on season;
delivered first win for Corvette DP at Barber Motorsports Park.
- 2013: Opened season with victory at Sebring 12 Hours. Driving full season in Corvette
Daytona Prototype for Spirit of Daytona in GRAND-AM Rolex Series; best finish of third
at Barber Motorsports Park. Pole-winner at Laguna Seca.
- 2014: Won at Watkins Glen in Spirit of Daytona Corvette DP with Michael Valiante.
Runner-up at Detroit and Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, and third at Indianapolis.
Fourth in GTE Pro at Le Mans with Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner in Corvette C7.R.
TUDOR Championship Career Record
|2014||8||1||1||Pole at Detroit|
American Le Mans Series Career Record
|2008||3||1||0||Road America GT winner|
|2012||2||0||0||Third at Sebring|
|2013||2||1||0||GT winner at Sebring|
24 Hours of Le Mans Record
|2010||3rd||GT2||Porsche 911 GT3||Scheider, Holzer|
|2011||11th (Ret.)||GTE Pro||Corvette C6.R||Magnussen, Gavin|
|2012||6th||GTE Pro||Corvette C6.R||Milner, Gavin|
|2013||6th||GTE Pro||Corvette C6.R||Milner, Gavin|
|2014||4th||GTE Pro||Corvette C7.R||Milner, Gavin|
Westbrook has established himself as a standout in top-tier international sports car
competition. He won the FIA GT2 championship in 2009, and scored podium finishes in
24-hour races at Le Mans (third in GT2) and Daytona (third overall) in 2010. A two-time
Porsche Supercup champion (2006-07), Westbrook notched an ALMS GT2 victory at
Road America in 2008. He has competed in the Spa and Nurburgring endurance races,
selected ALMS and GRAND-AM events in the U.S., and the FIA GT1 championship. In
2012, he finished third at Sebring with Gavin and Milner.
Westbrook is a keen cook and trained at the Victoria Centre in London, famous as the
grad school of Jamie Oliver. He and his wife celebrated birth of their first child –
daughter Amelia – in late January following the Rolex 24 At Daytona.