Corvette Racing ALMS Stats, Monterey
86 RACE WINS (78 ALMS, 7 LeMans, 1 GRAND-AM)
AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES
CORVETTE RACING ADVANCE
AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES MONTEREY
MAY 11, 2013
DID YOU KNOW? Both the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe and convertible are powered by the new LT1 6.2L V-8, with an estimated 450-hp and 450 lb-ft of torque. As no structural reinforcements are required for the convertible, both models share almost identical power-to-weight ratios. The LT1 combines several advanced technologies, including direct injection, Active Fuel Management and continuously variable valve timing to support an advanced combustion system designed to balance power and efficiency.
CORVETTE RACING & TEAM CHEVY SOCIAL MEDIA: Connect with Corvette Racing and Team Chevy on social media. Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/TeamChevy, follow us on Twitter @CorvetteRacing and @TeamChevy, and add +TeamChevy into your Google+ circles.
CORVETTE RACING FOR THE FANS AT MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA:
- Fans can visit the Corvette Racing Display outside Mazda Raceway, near turn four.
- Fans can check out great Chevrolet vehicles including: 2014 Corvette Stingray, 2014 Impala, Traverse, Spark and Sonic RS Hatchback.
- At the display fans can see show cars and specialty vehicles including: The 2013 C6.R Corvette racecar and 60th Anniverisary Corvette 427 Convertible.
- Fans can see a sample of engines, parts and accessories available for purchase from Chevrolet at their local Chevrolet dealer.
- Other activities at the Corvette Racing Display include a variety of interactive games for adults and kids.
- Display hours of operation: Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
CORVETTE RACING IN AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES (ALMS) COMPETITION:
- Corvette Racing has 78 ALMS class victories, making it the most successful team in American Le Mans Series history.
- Longest winning streak in GT1 (25, 2007 Sebring-2009 Long Beach)
- Corvette Racing has nine Manufacturer and Team Championships, and eight Drivers Championships.
- Corvette Racing was the Michelin Green X Challenge GT Manufacturer Champion (Chevrolet) and Team Champions (No. 3 Corvette C6.R, Jan Magnussen/ Antonio Garcia) in 2012.
CHEVROLET ON THE TRACK – AMERICAN LE MANS MONTEREY:
- Corvette Racing has participated in every ALMS race held in Monterey.
- Corvette Racing has five class wins at Monterey.
GT – 2012
GT1 – 2008, 2007, 2005
GTS – 2004
- Corvette Racing has qualified first in class six times.
GT2 – 2009
GT1 – 2008, 2007, 2005
GTS – 2004, 2000
Corvette Racing has finished 1-2 in all five wins.
Corvette Racing has qualified 1-2 four times
- GT1 – 2008, 2007, 200
- Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner’s 2012 victory in Monterey was the second win for this driver combination.
GTS – 2004
CORVETTE RACING FROM THE DRIVER’S SEAT, LOOKING BACK ON 2012 RACE IN MONTEREY – TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 COMPUWARE CORVETTE
“Monterey is always one of the great events of the year. The track lends itself to some great racing. We had success there last year with our Corvettes but as we saw at Long Beach we need to be on our game to give ourselves a chance to win again this year”
Chevrolet American Le Mans Series Statistics
Manufacturers and Team Championships
Total (2001-2008, 2012): 9
24 Hours of Le Mans Class Wins
Total (2001-02, 2004-06, 2009, 2011): 7
Total (2002-2008, 2012): 8
2013 Event Victories
2012 Event Victories
(Long Beach, Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio, Virgina International Raceway): 4
Release Date: May 9, 2013